Dexter: New Blood

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
Anyone else watching? The original Dexter is one of my favorite shows of all time. Just behind SOA.

I'm really enjoying the new content and would love for it to continue. 10 episodes will not be enough.

I do find myself wishing he was back in Miami.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I just started watching the original.
I watched the first two seasons last week. I couldn't turn it off.
I'm half way through season 3.

It will probably be a few weeks before I get to the new series.

I am loving it so far.
It's a fun show.

Psycho_X

Legend
Yes, was one of me and my wife's favorite shows when it was on and thoroughly enjoying New Blood so far. Original show had one of the worst series finales ever so this show is taking a little bit of the sour taste from that away at least.

IBruce80

Tokyo Ram
Look forward to this.
Big fan during the first several seasons but it went sour the last couple and the ending wasn't that good.
Trying to avoid spoilers in the meantime.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
Yep the wife talked me into watching Dexter over the summer and I wasnt disappointed. I really enjoyed it. John Lithgows Trinity Killer was my favorite.

New blood is good as well and its starting to feel more like the old Dexter. My wife and I both said the same thing that we miss the Miami setting of the original.

Just found out the other day that Micheal C. Hall has a band called Princess Goes to the Butterfly Museum. Not my kind of music but still thought it was interesting.

Also a huge fan of SOA here. One of my all time favorites. It's up there with Breaking Bad and Mad Men in my personal opinion.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, Dexter original series concluded with possibly the worst finale ever.
So naturally they put this season out there to right what was wrong.
Well i suppose they did that because the finale was way worse this time around. Good grief.

Psycho_X

Legend
Watched it last night and still digesting a bit. I didn't think it was too bad, better than original finale at least, but there were definitely things that I wish had happened before it was over or happened differently. Just some things off top of my head....

- Wanted some closure for Batista in the episode. A face to face with Dexter would have been very satisfying at the very least.

- I didn't like that Harrison just gets abandoned again. It's 2022 and if this happened in real life it would be the biggest serial killer story in history with the attention it'd get after the details came out considering it involved two serial killers, a popular blogger, etc. Harrison was known in town, his picture would be somewhere, there'd be a nationwide manhunt for him now. Instead, the Chief could have just kept him there and say he shot his dad in self defense. I didn't understand that part.

- The ending for Dexter was bittersweet but at least it was a finale. He's always been on the precipice of a bad guy. Good people have died because of him in the past. And now the most kind hearted character in the series is murdered by him because once Dexter was trapped with no way out his dark instincts kicked in. He has been a ticking time bomb his entire life and they've always kind of top toed around that through the whole series so was interesting to have it finally go off. Showed he really had no emotions in regards to anyone which he has admitted many times.... until the end when he realizes his love... truly love... for his son. And sacrifices himself to release Harrison from his past baggage.
Course, that brings me back to the previous point of not liking Harrison than being forced back on the run. Dexter's sacrifice would have meant more if Harrison would have stayed in Iron Lakes and made a normal, as normal as he could at least, life for himself. I think that's the only part that kind of ruins the finale for me.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Loved the series, hated the ending.
Lame.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
I just started watching the original.
I watched the first two seasons last week. I couldn't turn it off.
I'm half way through season 3.

It will probably be a few weeks before I get to the new series.

I am loving it so far.
It's a fun show.
Stop after season 4. It's garbage after that, and S4 is the best one, imo.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just watched the finale. Now I'm beyond pissed off.

Psycho_X

Legend
Stop after season 4. It's garbage after that, and S4 is the best one, imo.
I wouldn't say it was garbage, still worth watching once imo. S4 was definitely it's peak though and was choking on its own fumes by the series finale.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
I wouldn't say it was garbage, still worth watching once imo. S4 was definitely it's peak though and was choking on its own fumes by the series finale.
I think I watched half of season 5, then I was like, "well, this show has ran it's course." That's why breaking bad was perfect. They didn't try to keep milking that show (cough* Walking Dead), and it ended when it should have. I think I'll check out the new Dexter; it's still a favorite show overall.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm ready for SOA to come back...we will just pretend the last season didn't happen.