Cardinals G.m. Steve Keim On The State Of The Team

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ls-2-to-3-players-away-on-both-sides-of-ball/

Steve Keim: Cardinals “2-3 players away” on both sides of ball
Posted by Mike Wilkening on February 20, 2014

Speaking at the NFL Scouting Combine on Thursday, Cardinals G.M. Steve Keim identified the secondary and offensive line as areas the club could be looking to address.

Keim indicated covering tight ends better than a season ago would be a priority, with “longer, athletic cover guys” the sort of players the Cardinals’ G.M. believes would help the team “address” that issue.

Of the offensive line, Keim noted that the club must “strengthen it and create more depth there.”

Overall, Keim said the Cardinals, whose 10-6 record was good for only third place in the ultra-tough NFC West, need to add more talent to take the next step.

“Moving forward, I felt like probably on each side of the ball, we were at least 2-3 players away from being an upper-echelon team,” Keim said. “Obviously, going to Seattle and beating them up there showed signs that we were headed in the right direction.”
----------------------------------
I can't remember any NFL division ever going from worst to best in such a short time.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah - pretty hard to conceive that the NFC West is likely to be even better than last year. Too bad for Seattle and SF that the improvements are going to come from the Rams and Cards.:cool:

A55VA6

Legend
The thought of the Cardinals getting 3 more very good players on defense scares me. Their offense is good but they gotta make sure their O-line stays healthy.