Box Office Flops That You Loved

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
We have the thread about movies that were supposed to be great but didn't do it for you. How about movies that didn't do much at the box office but you really liked.

I'll start with a movie I was told about when it was already on video. It was our family friend/Western Artist/Stuntman Walt LaRue's last movie as a stuntman. He told me that it was Hollywood's attempt to bring back the Western but they really screwed up on marketing. To this day it ranks as one of my favorite movies of all time and has one hell of a cast.

I give you:

View: https://youtu.be/DnvbcPmRsKI

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Great topic, and I'm sure there will be many.
Off the top of my head though, this one did squat in the theatres but is a great sports film
warrior-movie-poster.jpg

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Neither Blade Runner did well at the box office but the original at least is a cult classic. I personally enjoyed the reboot of Dredd. Love Karl Urban. Also IIRC Fight Club didn't do much at the box office and I think we all loved that flick.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I like the Andrew Garfield Spider Man movies. Same with X-Men Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Adventures of Baron Munchausen 1988

since i'm sick and too lazy to type, this is from wikipedia :
The Adventures of Baron Munchausen is a 1988 adventure fantasy film co-written and directed by Terry Gilliam and starring John Neville, Sarah Polley, Eric Idle, Jonathan Pryce, Oliver Reed, and Uma Thurman. The film is based on the tall tales about the 18th-century German nobleman Baron Munchausen and his wartime exploits against the Ottoman Empire.

The film was a box office bomb, grossing just $8 million against its $46 million budget and losing the studio $38 million.[5] However, it received positive reviews from critics and was nominated for four Academy Awards: Best Art Direction, Best Costume Design, Best Visual Effects and Best

Robin Williams has a hilarious role as "king of the moon". not sure why he was credited as Ray D. Tutto.

so if you like Terry Gilliam, watch it. part of the Time Bandits, Brazil, Adventures of Baron Trilogy he made.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Adventures of Baron Munchausen 1988

since i'm sick and too lazy to type, this is from wikipedia :
The Adventures of Baron Munchausen is a 1988 adventure fantasy film co-written and directed by Terry Gilliam and starring John Neville, Sarah Polley, Eric Idle, Jonathan Pryce, Oliver Reed, and Uma Thurman. The film is based on the tall tales about the 18th-century German nobleman Baron Munchausen and his wartime exploits against the Ottoman Empire.

The film was a box office bomb, grossing just $8 million against its $46 million budget and losing the studio $38 million.[5] However, it received positive reviews from critics and was nominated for four Academy Awards: Best Art Direction, Best Costume Design, Best Visual Effects and Best

Robin Williams has a hilarious role as "king of the moon". not sure why he was credited as Ray D. Tutto.

so if you like Terry Gilliam, watch it. part of the Time Bandits, Brazil, Adventures of Baron Trilogy he made.
Really enjoyable flick! I think our introduction to Uma Thurman as well.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
We have the thread about movies that were supposed to be great but didn't do it for you. How about movies that didn't do much at the box office but you really liked.

I'll start with a movie I was told about when it was already on video. It was our family friend/Western Artist/Stuntman Walt LaRue's last movie as a stuntman. He told me that it was Hollywood's attempt to bring back the Western but they really screwed up on marketing. To this day it ranks as one of my favorite movies of all time and has one hell of a cast.

I give you:

View: https://youtu.be/DnvbcPmRsKI

Lols -- my 11 year old daughter loves that film for some reason .. :thinking:

Not many flops that I have loved ... didn't mind ..

John Carter
Mortal Engines
Rise of the Guardians

I must admit I do really enjoy ... Osmosis Jones

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

LOL

I'm 100% serious. Plus... I am pretty sure that this movie was the most expensive to make movie ever when it came out. The ratings were complete shit though. I think it was mostly due to the critics hating Costner.... and he is a douche.

Dennis Hopper is hilarious in this. I'm laughing about some of his scenes as I type this.

When I'm surfing channels and I see this movie playing.... I can't help myself. I've watched it more times than I can count.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
As far as animated movies, I loved Treasure Planet. It was basically Treasure Island, but in space. It did a poor job at the box office, but it was brilliantly animated and brilliantly acted.