Bob Newhart has passed away

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Bob was fantastic.
It’s tough to be clean and funny, but he definitely was both.
Class act.
He will be missed.

Last edited:

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
He was one of my all time favorites , Loved both of his shows

I don't count Bob from the 1990's.........lol

I still watch his original show from the 1970's , pretty often

I was so happy for him when he finally got a Emmy award , for his guest appearances of The Big Bang Theory,

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-ZcQNcTe0M

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGSrtggtWpw

I had the pleasure of working with Bob on Bob in the 90's, he was a great guy & really talented. I think we were working on BOB when the LA riots started if I have my timelines right lol.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So sad - really. Many of you youngins won't even know who he was. But his mannerisms and dry humor was a staple for many of us growing up. He was part of the height of sketch comedy and sitcoms.

RIP Mr. Newhart. I loved your work.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Married for 60 years. His wife passed away last year. Four children and ten grand-children.
Enjoyed a great combination of success, longevity, respect and admiration from several generations.
Seemed like a genuinely nice guy.

Truly, a life to be celebrated.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
CBS to Air Bob Newhart Tribute Special

Monday , July 22

Bob Newhart: A Legacy of Laughter

CBS, which was home to Bob Newhart‘s two most successful TV series, will pay tribute to the legendary comedian with a special set to air July 22.

The Entertainment Tonight-produced special, titled Bob Newhart: A Legacy of Laughter, will look back at Newhart’s life and career, from his start as a deadpan comedian through his TV and movie successes. Newhart died Thursday at age 94.

The special, hosted by ET’s Nischelle Turner, will feature behind-the-scenes footage from his film and TV work (from Entertainment Tonight’s four decades’ worth of archives) along with previously unseen interviews, including the final interview Newhart gave from his home in Los Angeles.

The show will also feature new and archival interviews with some of Newhart’s co-stars and admirers, including Jim Parsons, Reese Witherspoon, Will Ferrell and Jason Bateman, along with stories from his long marriage to his wife, Ginnie, who preceded Newhart in death in 2023.

Newhart rose to fame with his comedy album The Button Down Mind of Bob Newhart in 1960, which showcased his pinpoint timing and deapan delivery. He went on to star in CBS’ sitcoms The Bob Newhart Show (1972-78) and Newhart (1982-90), the latter of which had one of the most memorable finales in TV history. He also had a notable guest role on The Big Bang Theory, winning an Emmy for his performance (amazingly, the only one of his career) in 2013.

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Of course I saw his shows from the 1970's, but his and Don Rickles schtick during the 1988 World Series was hilarious. Both were huge Dodger fans back then.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
CountryMusic2.jpg

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Bob was the master of the pause. He hit home runs after every pause in his jokes. Loved his acting and was part in one of the all time TV show finales. Name that show! RIP BOB!...