Bill Walton has passed

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I met him in a convenience store in Cotati once, he was doing summer school at Sonoma State. Asked him if he was Bill Walton and he said yup. End of convo. I also saw him play at the Long Beach Arena against a Tarkanian led Long Beach State team during the '72/'73 season. Another legend gone.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Thanks for posting @RhodyRams . Despite being a Lakers fan I actually enjoyed hearing Bill Walton announce games.

Now he’s able to rest and dunk on the grim reaper. This is his biggest opportunity to throw one down on him big man. Throw it down!

RIP Big Bill, you can listen to as much Grateful as you want and hang out with your hero Jerry.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
His body failed him on the court. He was a determined and driven man off of it. He was the example of what can be taken away doesn't define you.

RIP Mr. Walton.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
I moved to the Portland area a year or two, after the Trailblazers championship season ('77) and Bill had achieved legendary status in the Pacific Northwest by then. He was indeed a character and was often around town at various events. And character is an understatement!

RIP, Bill.

Ellard80

Legend
heard a story today that he was backpacking across the country- and found out he was the #1 pick when he stopped at a gas station to get snacks.

fearsomefour

Legend
I ran into Bill Walton walking with Luke, who was a teenager at that point, on the beach in Ocean Beach.
I said "Hello Mr Walton"....he smiled (OB is a hippy beach town and at that time I had hair down to my rib cage) and made a comment about what a perfect, beautiful late afternoon it was in San Diego and how great it is we get to see it....Luke looked bored with his little speech. Haha.
He seemed a very genuine and nice guy.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
My sister and her boyfriend at the time (who became a life long brother to me) went to UCLA the same time Bill played there. He went to the coffee shop she was a waitress for and she was around him many days. She said you would never know he was something special except being 7 feet tall and well known. I adopted the Bruins as my College team of which I am loyal to all their college sports teams.

Saw Bill at several Grateful Dead concerts and the last one I saw at Levi stadium during the Fare Thee Well tour in 2015. He was obviously always easy to notice.

I loved the color he gave to the games he announced. So genuine.

I enjoyed him in the pros even when he played for the Celtics (I'm a life long, hate Lebron, Lakers fan). That was a fun time to see him really come back and be relevant.

This is just another one that made me take a breathe when I found out he passed.

He was certainly a one of a kind gentleman.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Always liked Bill Walton. Its a shame his feet/ankles were so bad it shortened his career. RIP BW.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I recently watched the 30 for 30 "Luckiest Guy in the World" about him and it was great. My wife really enjoyed it as well. He was a special dude. RIP.