Best Rocky movie?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Best Rocky movie?

• Rocky

• Rocky II

• Rocky III

• Rocky IV

• Rocky V

• Rocky Balboa

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
SPOILERS

I Rocky loses to Creed but wins best picture.

II Rematch with Creed and cashes in. Also wins the fight.

III Rocky gets rich and soft, fights Mr T with help from the #1 song on billboard chart. He Survives.

IV Rocky gets revenge on the Russians after everyone dies. Training with tree logs in six feet of snow to a shitty soundtrack.

V Rocky is a good Dad but a bad trainer, Tommygun declares mutiny in the streets.

VI Midlife crisis sets in....
giphy.gif
Wins the title anyway.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rocky.....I spent my youth training for kick boxing/tae kwon do and when I ran for miles at night I listened to the sound track on my cassette walkman. I was overtrained before I went to Navy bootcamp.....lol

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Best movie? First one.

Movie I enjoyed the most? Rocky III. Mr. T kicked ass.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lSPNQ82Sq4E

Saw this montage awhile ago, and I was blown away by the late seventies/ early eighties cheesiness. (Especially the last shot with Rocky and Creed frolicking in the water by the beach... Good Lord). On second viewing, though, it made me wanna start training...For those of us who were young athletes back then, no doubt these scenes could get you fired up...

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lVY8SbQGW-Y

Last edited:

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The one where he fights alongside the Mujahideen

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Lord I still have dreams here and there of Rocky screaming ADIAN !!!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Saw this montage awhile ago, and I was blown away by the late seventies/ early eighties cheesiness. (Especially the last shot with Rocky and Creed frolicking in the water by the beach... Good Lord).
I can honestly say, that scene was so incredibly skin crawling awkward, even when it first came out.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
I'd rank them:

Rocky
Rocky Balboa
Rocky III
Rocky II
Rocky IV
Rocky V

I will note, though, that the final round of Rocky/Creed in Rocky II is the best fight sequence of the series.

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
There's not an option for "none of the above"?

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Sorry. It's gotta be IV for me. That movie had me wanting to kick a mudhole into all of Russia after Drago killed Creed. They played the cold war card in a lot of good movies back then.... Red Dawn is a good example.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To borrow a line from another great movie that had a few too many sequels "There can be only one". Some of the movies after the original are good but they all fall short.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I will note, though, that the final round of Rocky/Creed in Rocky II is the best fight sequence of the series.

Some of the storylines are fun, but I think the fight sequences don’t hold up very well. They all kinda blend together IMHO, just sequences of ridiculously overdramatized haymakers.

Fights in real life aren’t nearly so over dramatic. Well, except for this one...

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bdxsfBkmTw4

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And Talia Shire acting got worse after each film
Her Rocky III Academy Award Clip has been the butt of jokes for 30 years
Rocky: How’d you get so tough anyway?
Adrian: I live with a FIGHTER

So bad.... as cringey as the From Here To Eternity moment between Rocky and Apollo if you ask me

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Rocky is obviously the best one. But some have their preferences. We saw Rocky for school when I was a young Freshman (showing my age, cough!) and we liked it. Definitely better that being in school! I remember being really impressed with Apollo's physique. Damn, that dude was in some shape.

The theme song was of course very good but I never thought of it as "workout inspiring" until the early eighties when I was in a free public gym on a navy base and some guy brought in a boom box and had it blaring. Sounded great and charged me up. A couple years ago when I was putting together my Spotify metal and other favorite songs mix for the gym I made sure to include it in there.

The rest of the Rockys are in chronological order from 2nd best to worst. I couldn't stand 5, and never saw the remakes, re-imagines, or whatever silly euphemistic slang for copies they use these days. Got burned out on the subject after 4. For those who like IV best, to me there was too much of a propaganda music video vibe. The cheese level definitely went up a notch on the Rocky movies with each new chapter. But hey... the 80's were a loveable cheese fest.