Athletic Football Show NFC West Preview

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I expect the NFC West to have 4 defenses in the top half of the league in points allowed this season.

Sounds crazy but the Rams were middle of the pack last season and brought in a ton of young and high intensity additions. Seahawks did a nice job adding to what was already in place and have a coach who will ensure that defense is a pain in the ass. Shitters always have a good defense and are loaded with talent. And even the Cards had some underrated additions plus a couple players in the draft I really like. Coaching for all four teams has quality options running the show. Shula is probably the most questionable and I feel real good about him after the preseason in which the defense to a man showed good tackling in space and team hustle.

Nobody is going to enjoy playing this division this year.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams conversation around 34 minutes, after the commercial break. Prior to that is them performing group fellatio on the shitters' roster.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I was impressed with their knowledge of the Rams not to be Rams fans. I don't think we are as fragile as they think though. It's the NFL. All teams get injuries and we have plenty on the roster that has experienced them but that makes you tough as much as it does fragile. I feel really really good about this team.

WestCoastRam

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was impressed with their knowledge of the Rams not to be Rams fans. I don't think we are as fragile as they think though. It's the NFL. All teams get injuries and we have plenty on the roster that has experienced them but that makes you tough as much as it does fragile. I feel really really good about this team.
I mean, I personally agree with them. Think we can vie for the NFCC for sure... if we stay healthy.

But Kryen, Stafford, Puka, Jackson, Kupp, White, Darius Williams, Havenstein all have a history of multiple injuries, big recent injuries or are currently injured.

We're a good team but I wouldn't argue with anyone saying we're fragile.

Even with our injuries last year, we were number 1 in adjusted games lost. No way we duplicate that health again. It's a big reason why we over performed last year. Here's hoping we just revert to the mean but I could see it easily flipping to top 15 in injuries this year.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I mean, I personally agree with them. Think we can vie for the NFCC for sure... if we stay healthy.

But Kryen, Stafford, Puka, Jackson, Kupp, White, Darius Williams, Havenstein all have a history of multiple injuries, big recent injuries or are currently injured.

Even with our injuries last year, we were number 1 in adjusted games lost. No way we duplicate that health again. It's a big reason why we over performed last year. Here's hoping we just revert to the mean but I could see it easily flipping to top 15 in injuries this year.

Debbie Downer Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Always so fuckin negative. We're gonna win the Super Bowl.

"And I'm goin to Disneyland woooooo!"
~ @Loyal

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen

I'm high on our last draft class and feel good about development. (I see you Bruss!) Not going to entertain an injury bug. Keep moving forward!!!!! We are going to kick some ass!!!!!!!

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
One thing I'm going to be interested in watching... there are A LOT of people out there predicting a really big year out of the Seahawks... assuming McDonald is going to turn them around immediately.

Well.. we'll see. First year HC and I don't know how good that Oline is. The guys on this show love Geno Smith.. that's fine.. but they don't mention he's 33 and missed two games last year with a muscle pull, of all things.

I just think the hype train there is a little out of control.

I'm probably OVERLY optimistic about my Rams... I just think they could tear ass this season. We'll see.

WestCoastRam

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
One thing I'm going to be interested in watching... there are A LOT of people out there predicting a really big year out of the Seahawks... assuming McDonald is going to turn them around immediately.

Well.. we'll see. First year HC and I don't know how good that Oline is. The guys on this show love Geno Smith.. that's fine.. but they don't mention he's 33 and missed two games last year with a muscle pull, of all things.

I just think the hype train there is a little out of control.

I'm probably OVERLY optimistic about my Rams... I just think they could tear ass this season. We'll see.
Man, I can see it going either way with the Seahawks, plenty of reasons to think they'll surprise but also, that Oline and might take a year for the defense to really get going.

I do think they'll be a way tougher out this year. And there's a chance that Arizona could be a tough out too... but only a chance.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seahawks lack the QB. I expect their defense will be a pain, but QB puts a cap on what they can do.