Ahh The Cleveland Browns...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Name
JP
1t5u2f.jpg

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Daddy needs to tell her right now to stop with the tweets!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Oh shit that kid is in trouble........and frankly at her age she should know better.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
She only tweeted what everyone was thinking...hell, I bet thats what Jimmy Haslams family was thinking when he bought the team.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Daddy needs to tell her right now to stop with the tweets!
Exactly, if she doesn't that won't be the last time dad's embarrassed by her, don't need the family making your job harder

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I give Pettine one year.
He will last longer than that I bet...they gave him a 5 year contract and saw how hard it was to get someone after they fired Chud after one season.

I think they know they need to stick with Pettine for a few years to gain some trust back.

Funny though, didn't the Jags fire their coach after one season last offseason? I don't remember them getting so much flak for it nor having a hard time getting coaches to interview.

RamsCanada

UDFA
I give Pettine one year.
I give him one year as well too....it came out today Pettine was ready to walk if they didn't offer him a contract. They interviewed the guy three times and it took him telling them to offer me a deal or I'm gone to get them to finally offer him a deal? Usually after the first interview you know that this is your guy, three is getting pretty high up there!

I'm not sold on him to be honest. Rex ran the show in Baltimore. Rex ran the show in New York. And he's only have a year experience with Buffalo. I hope everything works out for him though, seems like a stand up guy. I'm just thankful that my team didn't hire him.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Looks like the Browns have easily taken over as the most dysfunctional team in the NFL. Come on Jets, get your head in the game!!!!!!

Now all the Browns have to do is give Tebow a 10 year, $200 million dollar contract and the factory of sadness will finally be complete.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
He will last longer than that I bet...they gave him a 5 year contract and saw how hard it was to get someone after they fired Chud after one season.

I think they know they need to stick with Pettine for a few years to gain some trust back.

Funny though, didn't the Jags fire their coach after one season last offseason? I don't remember them getting so much flak for it nor having a hard time getting coaches to interview.

Jags did not get much flack because they focused in on Gus Bradley and hired him the reason the Browns got more flack was because of the circus they created.

Fact is their owner really wanted Adam Gase and Gase played them somewhat instead of being honest from the outset. Owner Jimmy Haslam has a relationship with Peyton Manning that goes back to their days at the University of Tennessee and because of that their coaching search was on hold until they interviewed Gase, however, that never came to fruition.

If you're going to go after a guy and wait on him you better make sure he damn well wants the job and is just not luke warm about it like Gase appeared to be. Overall the Browns hiring the Buffalo Bills Defensive Coordinator as their Head Coach is like the State of Oklahoma reaching out to the State of Texas for a Democrat IMO.

Haslam, Banner & Lombardi are the new NFL triumvirate of Madame Georgia, John Shaw and Jay Zygmunt.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Jags did not get much flack because they focused in on Gus Bradley and hired him the reason the Browns got more flack was because of the circus they created.

Fact is their owner really wanted Adam Gase and Gase played them somewhat instead of being honest from the outset. Owner Jimmy Haslam has a relationship with Peyton Manning that goes back to their days at the University of Tennessee and because of that their coaching search was on hold until they interviewed Gase, however, that never came to fruition.

If you're going to go after a guy and wait on him you better make sure he damn well wants the job and is just not luke warm about it like Gase appeared to be. Overall the Browns hiring the Buffalo Bills Defensive Coordinator as their Head Coach is like the State of Oklahoma reaching out to the State of Texas for a Democrat IMO.

Haslam, Banner & Lombardi are the new NFL triumvirate of Madame Georgia, John Shaw and Jay Zygmunt.

Ehh...gotta disagree with you. The Browns were catching flak IMMEDIATELY for firing Chud...it didn't have anything to do with who they were or weren't targeting, it was all about them firing the coach after one season.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Ehh...gotta disagree with you. The Browns were catching flak IMMEDIATELY for firing Chud...it didn't have anything to do with who they were or weren't targeting, it was all about them firing the coach after one season.

Yes and a guy who seems to be a good one. He was an excellent OC for the Browns and to do that to him reeked of stupidity. It's a dumpster fire but he didn't light it.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

It could be because they've fired many coaches quick or that nobody pays attention to the Jags, it is hard to understand the Chud firing because IMO the Browns had one heck of coaching staff with coordinators like Turner and Horton.

IMO what it really came down to is Haslam ended up with somebody he truly did not want in Rod Chudzinski and was sold on Chud by others in the Front Office. That is why many reports came out that Haslam, Team President Joe Banner and GM (in name only) Michael Lombardi were not on the same page.

So yes they received some flak early for firing a coach after one year, however, perpetuated things by vacillating and having coaches remove themselves before they could come to a decision. Pettine ended up being the last man standing.

In the end, if they had hired Dan Quinn for example they could have saved some face from a PR standpoint and if the Seahawks even better and Quinn had shown interested in the Job, but Pettine like others told them hire me or I'm taking myself out and they hired him.

Haslam did not get the guy he set out to hire and will fire Pettine next year and hire Brian Schottenheimer after the Rams win the Super Bowl and bring a Schottenheimer back home to Cleveland.